Monday, January 21, 2013

Fancy Food Show



Yesterday was the first day of the Fancy Food Show. 

I love the Fancy Food Show. This is my second year working the event and I was beyond thrilled to be given the opportunity to return. I cannot wait to share some of the products that I’ve discovered with you all and introduce new staples into my life.

More importantly the show reaffirms my belief in what Jessica and I are working to accomplish with The Imperfect Harmony Objective. As I’ve stated, I do not have the best relationship with food. This is something that I need to rectify. I want to create a good relationship with quality food. I don’t know that there’s another resource such as this out there for a woman like me, someone who is plus size and wants to continue eating – I just need to eliminate the junk. 

I’m also so excited to share my love of food with Jessica, whose struggles are on the opposite side of the spectrum. I want to introduce her to items that she can enjoy without that overwhelming sense of guilt.

She eats too little, I eat too much, but we both feel guilty when we eat. She lets the guilt stop her; I eat more to spite the guilt. Neither is healthy.

I hate sounding like the cliché, the plus sized girl who loves food, but I want to take the shame out of that. It’s okay to love good products. It’s okay to get excited for a new condiment (I found two new favorites) or jump up and down for agave ice cream or natural soda or basil pesto or black truffle sauce. (Is your mouth watering yet?)

We can be both, my friends. We can be healthy, and we can be foodies. The food industry wants this. Hell, most of the people that I’ve worked with in the food industry have been among the healthiest people I know. They look for products that are made well with quality ingredients. I encourage us all to do the same.

And now, day two!

-Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment