Tuesday, January 15, 2013

For Love of Food


I love food. 

Not just in the I eat too much sort of way, but in the I enjoy quality food and products kind of way.

I’ve worked in the food industry for ten years now. My first few positions were in diners, but for the bulk of that time I have worked alongside quality products. I have become spoiled, and learned to love products that are worthy of that affection.  

It’s one of the reasons that a lifelong “diet” won’t work for me. I don’t want to lose good food. Imported balsamic and olive oil, well made chocolate, gourmet cheese, natural granola, vegan desserts. I drool just imagining it all. 

One thing that I hope to address over the coming months is how to utilize delicious and specialty food. To show how I work to develop habits where I eat and enjoy food that deserves my attention. Maybe I’ll even introduce you to my brands of choice. 


I can taste the difference between quality food and unhealthy food, and in all honesty, it’s only the latter that is involved in my binge eating. The good food, the quality food – that’s the stuff I want to enjoy throughout my days. 

-Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment